When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bearing Size New Departure front hub Model M

-

MotoDoc

On Training Wheels
Can anyone out there tell me the correct bearing ball size on a New Departure Model M 36 hole front hub without oiler port. Are these supposed to be caged type or loose? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Maybe this will help. Check out post #5. They call the ball retainers model M20. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/new-departure-front-hub-question.24595/.

Somewhere I've seen a bearing guide for all brands but I'm having trouble finding it again.

Last edited:
The bearing listing in my Wald catalog has only one with 6 balls. They are 7/32 inch and the bearing is a number 7. I measured one and the outside diameter of the retainer appears to be 13/16 inch. This information may or may not be helpful.

Reactions: ian
Gordon: Think you are on the right track, took some loose balls and 3/16th's are definitely too small and 1/4 seems too large, have to get my hands on some 7/32nds to try. Thanks everyone for there help.

Gordon: Think you are on the right track, took some loose balls and 3/16th's are definitely too small and 1/4 seems too large, have to get my hands on some 7/32nds to try. Thanks everyone for there help.
I read somewhere on here you can get a 500 count asst on Amazon of various sizes.

Back