When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bearings for Bendix red band RB2 hub

-

Rivnut

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I just disassembled a Bendix red band RB2 hub and 75% of the balls fell out of the retainer. I had a couple of sets of bearings that I'd previously purchased but I discovered that they are for a ND Model D. Both call for 7 x 1/4" retainer bearings but they have different diameter cages. Does anyone have a source for the bearing set for the Bendix RB or RB2? I tried eBay but can only find the ND stuff.

Thanks,
Ed

Last edited:
Red band RB2s are Bendix hubs.
exactly.

RB and RB2 are Bendix.
bendix early, rb and rb2.jpg

The bearing sets are supposed to be interchangeable with all Bendix brakes, or so the service manual said.

here it the parts list, it is parts BB-16 and BB--20

Bendix7r.JPG

Last edited:
If you'll re-read my post you'll see that I stated that I'm rebuilding a red band Bendix RB2. That's not new or wanted information. I know what parts are interchangeable among the original, the RB, and an RB2. The outer bearing does NOT interchange with a ND Model D.

I want to know where I can get bearings for the RB2. A couple of years ago I printed out the info you posted when I rebuilt a couple of these. At that time bearings seemed to be everywhere I looked. Now I can't find them anywhere.

OK, So your want parts for a BENDIX RB2? You mixed that up with NEW DEPARTURE in your original post. Re read it...BTW, Fix the title too, That will stop replies like mine

Last edited:
Yeah, my bad. I was just getting frustrated and it came out in my post. Fixed

In the meantime, I found a source. Package of 10 for $6.45

If you'll re-read my post you'll see that I stated that I'm rebuilding a red band Bendix RB2. That's not new or wanted information. I know what parts are interchangeable among the original, the RB, and an RB2. The outer bearing does NOT interchange with a ND Model D.

I want to know where I can get bearings for the RB2. A couple of years ago I printed out the info you posted when I rebuilt a couple of these. At that time bearings seemed to be everywhere I looked. Now I can't find them anywhere.

no problem.

you are welcome

Back