When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reduced Beautiful 1972 Schwinn Paramount Purchased New Personally in 1972

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$1900.00
Zipcode

Dweber

Finally riding a big boys bike
I Purchased This Bike New in October of 1972.
Road this bike a few miles before it was put into storage.
A true time capsule.
Original tires but dry rotted.
Nothing ever changed.
K72286 (October - 1972)
24" frame
Weinman Rims
Campagnolo Crank Set
Campagnolo Record Hubs
Weinmann Brakes
Brooks Seat
Mavic Rims
Tires for Display Only
$1900.00 PayPal Friends & Family or Personal Check

Email with questions: [email protected]
$100.00 shipping in Continental United States

Paramount Silver1.jpg

Paramount Silver2.jpg

Paramount Silver3.jpg

Paramount Silver4.jpg

Paramount Silver5.jpg

Paramount Silver6.jpg

Paramount Silver7.jpg

Paramount Silver8.jpg

Paramount Silver10.jpg

Paramount Silver11.jpg

Last edited:
Capacity Added for the Boom Years

• Month Code: This one letter code corresponds to the month with A=January, B=Febuary and so on. Because I is not used, September=J and December=M.
  • Year Code: This two digit code is the last two digits of the year – 86 is 1986.
  • Sequence Number: This two digit number represents the nth frame and/or fork scheduled during the month. During the peak of the bike boom, Schwinn would add another digit, sometimes producing as many as 500 frames a month.
For example, H7634 is the thirty-fourth frame or fork scheduled during August of 1976.

The First Serialized Date Code

This system was used from January 1966 through 1969. It consisted of three components –

• Month Code: This one letter code corresponds to the month with A=January, B=Febuary and so on. Because I is not used, September=J and December=M.
  • Year Code: This one digit code is the last digit of the year – 6 is 1966.
  • Sequence Number: This two digit number represents the nth frame and/or fork scheduled during the month.
For example, H763 is the sixty-third frame or fork scheduled during August of 1967.

1967 Schwinn Paramount

E737 = May (E) 1967 (7) 37 frame that month (37). Looks like it's derailleurs , crank , brakes and brake levers have been replaced.
Schwinn quit making Paramounts in 1978 so it is no newer than that. I believe tandems started in 1970 (except for race bikes). Serial number on tandems should be on the bottom right side of the head tube as they would be in a Varsity. The number should start with two letters. The first being the month (A=Jan, B=Feb and so on). Second letter is for the year ( 1970=F, 1971=G and so on). Schwinn did not use I or O.

I didn't see it on this one is why I asked. I thought it was later than this one.
The bicycle boom was in full swing and Campagnolo couldn’t fill the orders, so fast.
So the patent dates were very recent.
Shimano filled the void, if you look at the Schwinn bicycles.
1967-1975 were the best years, for great bicycles.

Giovanni, The rear Campagnolo derailleur is stamped Patent-73. Please show me where Campagnolo used that number to signify the year. All of my research shows that many numbers appeared after the word Patent. A study was done on another site on these derailleur stampings and it could not be verified that these numbers had anything to do with the date of the derailleur. Please show me where you came up with your conclusion as it is interesting that the serial numbers in the dating codes are all wrong.

Back