When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been in my family since the 70's - Streamline Aerocycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I do not have any experience with vintage beach cruisers.

Justins9, that bike is more than just a “beach cruiser”.

Wash your mouth with soap and water! :mad:

a2dogh.jpg

only 3 pages? if it were a Huffman we'd be at page 10 by now!
I also advise caution. there are people who would try to take advantage, and those who give inflated prices without knowing what they're saying. I spoke with @cyclingday last night, and I think you should listen to him carefully.
a) he has one.
b) he has a good pulse on the market.
c) he's above reproach.

I'm not into Schwinn, so not even remotely interested in the bike, so here's my unsolicited and unbiased advice.
if you are interested in old bicycles, and want to be involved in the hobby, keep it. you will be starting at the top and will never be so lucky again.
if you are only slightly interested, sell it and buy something more reasonable. put the rest in your retirement, or pay for the kid's braces. this is more bike than most of us need.
if you are not interested, sell it. I think @cyclingday is on the money in his assessment. find someone interested who isn't one of the ones throwing lowballs and let it go.
good luck with your bike.

only 3 pages? if it were a Huffman we'd be at page 10 by now!
I also advise caution. there are people who would try to take advantage, and those who give inflated prices without knowing what they're saying. I spoke with @cyclingday last night, and I think you should listen to him carefully.
a) he has one.
b) he has a good pulse on the market.
c) he's above reproach.

I'm not into Schwinn, so not even remotely interested in the bike, so here's my unsolicited and unbiased advice.
if you are interested in old bicycles, and want to be involved in the hobby, keep it. you will be starting at the top and will never be so lucky again.
if you are only slightly interested, sell it and buy something more reasonable. put the rest in your retirement, or pay for the kid's braces. this is more bike than most of us need.
if you are not interested, sell it. I think @cyclingday is on the money in his assessment. find someone interested who isn't one of the ones throwing lowballs and let it go.
good luck with your bike.

If Marty posted I missed it? I based my valuation on what I've seen these go for over the last couple of years. Yep it could go lower or could go higher depending on who is in the market when the bike is made available but I think somewhere in the $10k range is a pretty safe bet.Disclaimer: I'm not interested in the bike either. I already have one albeit a restored one. I would be interested to hear Marty's take on it though. V/r Shawn

DSC_0836 - Copy.JPG

My assessment of this Streamline Aerocycle is pretty much the same as everyone else's.
AWESOME BIKE DUDE!

There are some minor condition issues and missing parts that slightly affect the value in my opinion, but these bikes are highly desirable with not enough to go around to satisfy the demand, so value is very subjective depending on who's thinking about buying, should this bike become available for sale.
As far as I know, that decision has not been made yet.
My advise is to be patient and take it slow with whatever direction the owner should decide to go.
If Marty posted I missed it? I based my valuation on what I've seen these go for over the last couple of years. Yep it could go lower or could go higher depending on who is in the market when the bike is made available but I think somewhere in the $10k range is a pretty safe bet.Disclaimer: I'm not interested in the bike either. I already have one albeit a restored one. I would be interested to hear Marty's take on it though. V/r Shawn

View attachment 471647

Justin,
I see that you recently joined the forum.
You may see some posts that will make references
to anything related to Schwinn in a negative manner.

That’s only their opinion and take it for what it’s worth, if you find that it
is uncomfortable, there is the “ignore button”.
But also know that the moderators will take action if it becomes abusive.

There are many here who share with you the joy of vintage bicycles
no matter what the brand. Those are the ones that have my respect.

Welcome to the best bicycle forum on this planet!

Last edited:
Yeah so what - 9 of those pages would be your posts.

Kidding aside, I don't think there have been dumb lowball numbers posted here by anyone. Solid advice otherwise, you sure you are feeling OK?
you're probably right on the 9 pages.
you're wrong about the lowballers. I'll bet, before we reached page 2 he received at least 20 offers via pm, most of them below $2000

I'd be willing to bet that not one person buying bikes that's on here can say with any honor, that they have never offered less than full retail on a bicycle they came across, knowledgeable seller or not. You come across a deluxe ballooner at a garage sale, with a $300 price tag, you walk up to the owner and offer them $1200? $2000? $5000? $10000? Yeah right. The term has no meaning. Ive never met someone who would not mind to get something cheap or cheaper, by any amount, if easy enough. Get real. Everyone is a lowballer, everyone.

I agree about the part that everyone wouldn’t mind getting something for less.
Including myself.
But for me the term “low-baller” is someone who offers so much less than
something listed that it is an insult.

Other times a seller will set a high price knowing that there will be buyers
who will offer a lower price.
If the price offered is what the seller had in mind, he will come down and
sell it.
The buyer feels like he got a good deal.

I’ve seen some items for sale at a ridiculous high figure.
I asked the clerk at an antique shop, why the high price.
He told me that the owner probably didn’t intend on selling it
but wanted to display it nevertheless.
Thing is, there was a guy who had the $$$ and bought it.
I heard the owner mutter to himself...
“didn’t think someone would pay that price!” :D

Back