When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been in my family since the 70's - Streamline Aerocycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Doesn't get much better, doesn't need much :cool:

img_20170510_095852_355-jpg.jpg

The last red deep pan Troxel that sold here went for about $350
That was a good deal in my opinion, considering how few of these are ever seen on the open market.
The last Aerocycle tail light lens went for around $750, which was a shock, but maybe not considering how un obtainable that part is.
Since this tail light is also missing the original internals, those parts would be needed as well.
The last complete tail light assembly that was available, was being marketed in the $2,500 dollar range, which was also a shock, but maybe not considering how unobtainable that part is.
Of course, you could always go with some cheezy reproduction, but why would you want to do that?
The complete horn unit, pancake horn, stem mounted bracket, handlebar button and wiring harness would probably run somewhere in the $500 dollar range give or take.
So, with those parts missing, this bike would need at least another $1,500 minimum to complete, and probably more like $2,000.
There is a slight dent in the tank and unfortunately the A side/ money shot portion of the bike is badly faded.
That 1970s bicycle license sticker on the seat tube is kind of a bummer.
Those things were made to be permanent, and may not be so easy to remove.
Not the end of the world type of stuff, but still should be factored into the value range of this bike.
I kind of base my price range on how long the item will take to sell at any given price.
No less than $6,500 should even be considered on this bicycle, and at that price, it would sell in about 2 seconds.
$8,500 is where I would be comfortable at considering the additional $2,000 the bike will need to be completed.
If this bicycle was marketed in the $10,000 range as it sits, it might take a few days or even weeks to sell.
If $15,000 was the asking price as some have suggested, I would think that it would take a special buyer and might be on the market for some time.
My high estimate for this particular bike is around $12,500.
If I was going to shell out $15,000 for an Aerocycle, I might make a few calls to some other collector/ owners that are known to have pristine original examples to see if they are interested in selling first.
This is a great bike for sure, and all of this is just my humble opinion, so don't get your feathers all ruffled.
When a bike like this pops up, is when these types of discussions are fun to debate.

The last red deep pan Troxel that sold here went for about $350
That was a good deal in my opinion, considering how few of these are ever seen on the open market.
The last Aerocycle tail light lens went for around $750, which was a shock, but maybe not considering how un obtainable that part is.
Since this tail light is also missing the original internals, those parts would be needed as well.
The last complete tail light assembly that was available, was being marketed in the $2,500 dollar range, which was also a shock, but maybe not considering how unobtainable that part is.
Of course, you could always go with some cheezy reproduction, but why would you want to do that?
The complete horn unit, pancake horn, stem mounted bracket, handlebar button and wiring harness would probably run somewhere in the $500 dollar range give or take.
So, with those parts missing, this bike would need at least another $1,500 minimum to complete, and probably more like $2,000.
There is a slight dent in the tank and unfortunately the A side/ money shot portion of the bike is badly faded.
That 1970s bicycle license sticker on the seat tube is kind of a bummer.
Those things were made to be permanent, and may not be so easy to remove.
Not the end of the world type of stuff, but still should be factored into the value range of this bike.
I kind of base my price range on how long the item will take to sell at any given price.
No less than $6,500 should even be considered on this bicycle, and at that price, it would sell in about 2 seconds.
$8,500 is where I would be comfortable at considering the additional $2,000 the bike will need to be completed.
If this bicycle was marketed in the $10,000 range as it sits, it might take a few days or even weeks to sell.
If $15,000 was the asking price as some have suggested, I would think that it would take a special buyer and might be on the market for some time.
My high estimate for this particular bike is around $12,500.
If I was going to shell out $15,000 for an Aerocycle, I might make a few calls to some other collector/ owners that are known to have pristine original examples to see if they are interested in selling first.
This is a great bike for sure, and all of this is just my humble opinion, so don't get your feathers all ruffled.
When a bike like this pops up, is when these types of discussions are fun to debate.
! have a Restored Red
DSC00121.JPG
& Chrome Seat for this Bike , I would sell for $550.00

DSC00123.JPG

Ya Can also use a black top deluxe troxel no shame at all. the red tops are uber rare or restored it seems so an original black top one that's in original as found condition will match perfectly also .

I've always heard that Lincoln Aerocycle, referred to, as the Hearst Aerocycle.
As in, William Randolph Hearst.
Does anyone know the story behind that bike.
One account I heard, was that it belonged to the gardener of the estate.
Any truth to that account, or is it just a super pristine unusual example and should only be valued as such?

Back