When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Before I got interested in Bicycles......

-
author, author
83dfbb01-ffa3-4aae-b869-971486d64d2c.jpg

I was wondering where Sam has been (yeah, I know, I missed Frankenbike last week).

Strangest thing, a friend is storing his '79 Raleigh Super Course over here - he moved into a rough part of town and was afraid of it being stolen (camera stuff, too). Original grease, and hasn't been ridden in 30 years.
Literally for two years I have been trying to get him to come over and work on this bike. At one point he offered to sell it to me. I e-mailed him comparable listings on similar ignored ("pristine, time-capsule, etc.") examples from CR, craigslist, et.al. to show him the value, and he got mad at me, because he wanted it to be a small fortune. He's even type II diabetic - he could really use the circulation - and he does control his diet, so he does want to live. Weird.

Bulldog, I went on a two week road trip--finely got to see Mt Rushmore ---drove up Hiway 83. Then over to Minn for a wedding. And now I'm working overtime on building my print shop. And took time to go to Riverfest in Bandera this past weekend. Where I meet a guy that had an old bike for me to come look at!!!!!

Back