When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belgian 1930s Telephone Repairman's Bicycle

-

johan willaert

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just wanted to share this all Original 1930s Belgian Telephone Repairman's Bicycle.

This bike was given to me in the mid 1970s by a friend of my father who had just retired from the Belgian Telephone Company. He had started work there as a repairman in the 1930s and was issued this bicyle to ride from one customer to another.
The bicycle is rather sturdy and the Luggage rack would have held the leather tool case for repairs and connections.

It is still exactly like the day I got it, complete with electrical lighting (which may have been added in the 50s or so) and three speed Sturmey gears actuated by the lever mounted on the top tube of the frame.
The tires on the bike were the original 26x2x1.75 BERGOUGNAN made and marked RTT (Belgian Telephone Company) and I have replaced them recently with Vredestein tires of the same size. The originals are now safely stored away. The Taks (license) Plate is an Original RTT enameled model too.
Paint is Original and there is some rust and grime on it, but that just adds character...

I rode this bike all through my schooldays and still get it out occasionally to tour my region!

RTTFiets1-1.jpg

Hope you like it!

Cheers,

Johan

Indeed! Very cool!

> Marie

Similar to the crazy cat lady; I'm obsessed, & couldn't care less that I've got too many.

Back