When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belgian 1930s Telephone Repairman's Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
on the mast.jpg

=================================================================================================================

Thank You, Johan !!! i believe wanting to "connect-the-dots" is a very-human condition.

We seek closure. But we expect that closure to be logical. When we hear a 'knock' at the door ..
we assume the noise was generated from outside .. by a yet-to-be-identified person. We would
never assume the noise was created by an unseen force, inside the room, with us.

Within thirty minits of peepin' that lineman's bicycle .. i was off to e-bay in bicycles .. lookin' for
something-else i cannot live without. Am one to always punch See Seller's Other Items ... when
the foto of the lineman materializes .. i quickly-grabs it to my pic-folder .. shuts-off the e-bay ...
next thing .. am eye-to-eye with the foto of the lineman.

The vision was initially-peripheral.

At first .. perhaps this man was the sailor who spotted the White Whale ... no, it's just not right ......
then .. perhaps .. Frederick Fleet ... one of six, rotating, 'round-the-clock, "crow's-nest" watchmen
aboard the Titanic, the night of April 14, 1912.

It was Mr. Fleet who messaged, "Iceberg, right ahead !!" to the bridge !!

No .. it's not Frederick Fleet.

Say, gentle reader .. does the portrayed look a bit like Vloote Dubois ... nicknamed - Tall Pine Whisperer ...
married, father of four children .. and Belgian-Champion Bocce Player from 1927 'til 1942 when his life was
ended abruptly by enemy gunfire as he fought along-side the Belgian Restistance ??!!

on the mast.jpg

...... patric

=================================================================================

Last edited:
Back