Believe from no 1952 chicago

• Please be aware: We have had several reports of members receiving private messages from newly registered members claiming that their friend has the part or bike they are looking for, and that they should email this person directly. This is a scam! If it looks even slightly suspicious, PLEASE REPORT this to us immediately so that we can investigate and if necessary, ban the member to prevent them from targeting other members. Thank you, CABE staff
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

333kdlarson

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jul 31, 2020
Mesa, az
I have bike may have been painted but no says f969063, does anyone know by the shape of photo what model and is it really 1952

20200731_092312.jpg

Jeff54

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Sep 11, 2013
Ft Myers, Florida
I have bike may have been painted but no says f969063, does anyone know by the shape of photo what model and is it really 1952

20200731_092312.jpg
Are there any numbers on rear dropout or 52 and below, under the bottom bracket? That looks like a mid 50's middle weight girl spitfire or hornet verity with brand new lipstick and modern Schwinn decals. .

333kdlarson

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jul 31, 2020
Mesa, az
Are there any numbers on rear dropout or 52 and below, under the bottom bracket? That looks like a mid 50's middle weight girl spitfire or hornet verity with brand new lipstick and modern Schwinn decals. .
That is the f9
The

gkeep

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jun 11, 2014
Alameda, CA
The location of the serial number is important, In 1952 they changed from having the serial number stamped under the bottom bracket, underneath the crank and pedals and moved it to the rear dropout where the rear axle slots into the frame.

333kdlarson

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jul 31, 2020
Mesa, az
The location of the serial number is important, In 1952 they changed from having the serial number stamped under the bottom bracket, underneath the crank and pedals and moved it to the rear dropout where the rear axle slots into the frame.

333kdlarson

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jul 31, 2020
Mesa, az
Axle

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
With that style goose neck and no chrome fork crown it may have originally been a 1959 Tornado.

Where about in Mesa are you located? I lived in Mesa for 50 + years.

1596245963167.png

333kdlarson

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jul 31, 2020
Mesa, az
With that style goose neck and no chrome fork crown it may have originally been a 1959 Tornado.

Where about in Mesa are you located? I lived in Mesa for 50 + years.

1596245963167.png
Someone else thought 59 because of the number, off recker

Reactions: GTs58

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
But when i looked it up using numbers on a site said 52, chain guard does look like that
That serial number lookup (bikehistory.org) is flawed. The serial number is a 1959 issue. 1952 Serial numbers only had 5 numbers after the letter. The bike has been refurbished and the fenders deleted.

333kdlarson

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jul 31, 2020
Mesa, az
That serial number lookup (bikehistory.org) is flawed. The serial number is a 1959 issue. 1952 Serial numbers only had 5 numbers after the letter. The bike has been refurbished and the fenders deleted.
Thank you, even though it is painted i wanted to know, it brings me back to another time to have that piece of history

Rivnut

I live for the CABE
Nov 24, 2012
Shawnee, United States
Have you been able to identify the chain ring? It's not a Schwinn from the era.

Jeff54

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Sep 11, 2013
Ft Myers, Florida
Interesting, didn't know that, figured other things had been changed like the wheels, will keep that in mind
Yeah, that front sprocket is not Schwinn nor old. A very cheap knock off of another brand. bracket for reflector might be Schwinn but not old too.

Regardless, the whole operation here as it looks now is quite nice. Really surprising for a girl bike to make such a large effort especilly on a type that has, for this period, the least value. However, it really modernized this old girl's entire dress. At 1st look it appears as a brand new, off the shelf, made just recently model. From the color choices too decals and combining the blending, compared to what china Schwinn is doing today I almost thought it just got off the loading docks from china. The old girl is young again, detailed cleaning and expect new lube job it's as close to like new ya can get.

To that regard, mission accomplished.. She's gonna get chips and nicks easier than factory would but, enjoy the ride, she's ready to roll another ten years.

Reactions: 333kdlarson

Rivnut

I live for the CABE
Nov 24, 2012
Shawnee, United States
Original wheels will have a knurling running around the middle and somewhere SCHWINN TUBUKAR S2 will be stamped into them. Nice finish on the frame; almost appears to be powder coated.

Reactions: 333kdlarson
This ad goes away when you register for an account!