When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Believe from no 1952 chicago

-
With that style goose neck and no chrome fork crown it may have originally been a 1959 Tornado.

Where about in Mesa are you located? I lived in Mesa for 50 + years.

1596245963167.png

But when i looked it up using numbers on a site said 52, chain guard does look like that

That serial number lookup (bikehistory.org) is flawed. The serial number is a 1959 issue. 1952 Serial numbers only had 5 numbers after the letter. The bike has been refurbished and the fenders deleted.

That serial number lookup (bikehistory.org) is flawed. The serial number is a 1959 issue. 1952 Serial numbers only had 5 numbers after the letter. The bike has been refurbished and the fenders deleted.
Thank you, even though it is painted i wanted to know, it brings me back to another time to have that piece of history

Have you been able to identify the chain ring? It's not a Schwinn from the era.

Interesting, didn't know that, figured other things had been changed like the wheels, will keep that in mind
Yeah, that front sprocket is not Schwinn nor old. A very cheap knock off of another brand. bracket for reflector might be Schwinn but not old too.

Regardless, the whole operation here as it looks now is quite nice. Really surprising for a girl bike to make such a large effort especilly on a type that has, for this period, the least value. However, it really modernized this old girl's entire dress. At 1st look it appears as a brand new, off the shelf, made just recently model. From the color choices too decals and combining the blending, compared to what china Schwinn is doing today I almost thought it just got off the loading docks from china. The old girl is young again, detailed cleaning and expect new lube job it's as close to like new ya can get.

To that regard, mission accomplished.. She's gonna get chips and nicks easier than factory would but, enjoy the ride, she's ready to roll another ten years.

Original wheels will have a knurling running around the middle and somewhere SCHWINN TUBUKAR S2 will be stamped into them. Nice finish on the frame; almost appears to be powder coated.

Back