When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belknap Bluegrass tandem

-

dewey635

On Training Wheels
Hey guys,
I'm new to any sort of forum, so please forgive my ignorance. My grandpa gave me his old Belknap Bluegrass tandem bicycle the other day, and it comes with some great memories of my childhood. I dont think its all that old or rare, but would like to find out a little history on it before I tear it down and restore it. All I can find for numbers on it are by the rear wheel stamped in the swing arm. 7H9_1490. Any help on the year or anything would be much appreciated. I'll upload some pics in the next few days if that will help.
Thanks.

@buck hughes sold me a single seater Bluegrass, I bet the tandem version is ultra rare! Is it based on the cantilever frame design?
56f5b95c1dff799a283b72043e2a546a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will need to phase the cranks and it should have some heavy duty spokes and a Bendix Tandem rear coaster brake (stamped on the brake arm).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In rust we trust.I would clean and wax it ,put good tires and go for a ride with gramps.

I believe that is a Huffy built bike or at least I have had a 2 Huffy tandems built with the same frame. Mine were 1960s bikes and one was a coaster and the other a Bendix kick back the said Tandem on the brake arm along with Bendix. Roger

It does have bendix brakes on it. I was guessing it to be mid 70's, but haven't been able to track down to much info on it. It would be cool to know how old it really is, but I'm still looking forward to shining it up and takin it on a pub crawl.

It does have bendix brakes on it. I was guessing it to be mid 70's, but haven't been able to track down to much info on it. It would be cool to know how old it really is, but I'm still looking forward to shining it up and takin it on a pub crawl.

1967 model.

Back