When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belknap heavyweight bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
C

cicelybay

Does anyone have any information on these bicycles. I found one in grandmas barn, disassembled and shipped back to myself. The only thing I do know is it has a skip link sprocket on it so it is an older bike. The headbadge is brass and says belknap and has sunrays around it. It was orginally dark blue but has been painted red. Everything is there except the chain guard. Looking for one if anyone knows or has one please yell. It has a very cool looking rack on the back with basket made onto rack for each side of wheel. Any info or a direction to a site to search would be so helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:
skip link

i thought the skip link was pre-war...you say post war.

skip link

so the skip link can be post war also? I thought they were all pre war. the bike says belknap but was made my huffman, am I getting this right? I thought belknap was a bluegrass mfg co. not much info on the web on belknaps. so you think this is a 40s model, possibly? any info welcome. i am planning on trying to restore to a relic look with orgianl paint color.

understand now

ok, now I understand. I thought all skip link were pre-war, i did not know of the post war also. thanks for your help. do you think this would have the white fender tipped areas on the bike ? i want corrrect but old looking, i don't want it painted perfect. grandma does not understnd what i want with this old bicycle. she keep saying you have a bicycle you ride, don't you? I think it is the coolest and i totally love that basket. omg! I have so much stripper work to do.

serial number

next to remove paint to see serial. so huffman made the bike. now i need to find info on that.

amazing

this was amazing what you uncovered under the paint. What stripper would you recommend? this looks to be spray painted, will it come off the same? The reason I say is they painted the tires chain and whatever else was on the bike all red. I think that is what saved it in this old damp barn in KY. any tips would be great.

Back