When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belt-drive bicycle.

-

barracuda

I live for the CABE
Ever seen one of these hard tire bikes? No idea what marque it is, but I guess you don't have to worry about oiling a chain. I found it hanging from a tree in the forest of the Santa Cruz mountains.

IMG_1714.jpg
IMG_1716.jpg
IMG_1717.jpg
IMG_1718.jpg

Thanks, that's a useful thread. I've found a few other belt-drivers in my poking around, but no manufacturers as of yet. Here's some others:

wa8TyF2wSZrVqFVTnVQy9Q.jpg
belt.jpg

The first one has a springer fork! The second one has a rear dropout setup quite a bit like mine. Both of them seem to be ridable toys more than bikes. (Don't mean that to sound judgemental.)

I'm gonna have a tough time matching that rear rim and tire, I think.

I need to get back to my storage to measure the wheel, but you've given me an idea - the back wheel looks pretty much like an old tricycle rim, so maybe that would be an option.

Yes, I was thinking a front wheel the same size off a chain driven tricycle would work...it wouldn't have the pedal cranks or pedal crank hub...just the threaded bolt studs on each side like on the rear.

Dave

Cool bike, yea im still waiting for some info on mine, cant rush these thing they told me. Sulley

Back