When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bench grinder

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

friendofthedevil

Finally riding a big boys bike
So a couple weeks ago my trusty ol' bench grinder stopped working. Worked fine one time, next time, nothing. Couldn't find anything obviously wrong. Rebuilt the switch, checked the connections, nothing. So I went looking for a replacement. Was hoping to find a good vintage grinder but I found this ugly duckling instead...

20190804_160030.jpg

20190804_160101.jpg

20190804_185324.jpg

I was going to just do a repaint but when I stripped the blue spray paint I found the cases and wheel guards were this awesome aluminum!

20191111_143835.jpg

20191111_143857.jpg

I replaced the bearings and power cord (old one was covered with blue paint)(looking for an end cover) and now have a terrific old grinder.

In the meantime I discovered the first grinder just had a bad power cord, replaced that, and now have two working grinders. Perhaps I will set up the first one with some polishing wheels and do a proper cleaning on the aluminum bits of the second one.

Pretty sure that's a Craftsman, back when that was a good brand. It's nicknamed "Block Motor" among vintage tool enthusiasts.

Back