When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Bendix 2 speed kickback hub

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$110
Zipcode

acurint

Wore out three sets of tires already!
This is a 28 spoke 1960's Bendix Red band 2 speed kickback hub that would have been one of the hubs that came standard on a vintage Schwinn Stingray S2 wheel. I believe the most effective way to test if the index spring is working while unmounted is to rotate the hub to see if the gear teeth stay aligned with the spoke holes, and then in the other gear to see if they rotate faster than the spoke holes and this passes the test perfectly. I have never had it mounted since this is how I received it so I do not guarantee its operation after installation since I simply don't know. It is in very clean visual condition with no dings or dents other than the chrome not being a shiny as it probably was 60 years ago. Local pickup or $10 shipping available anywhere in the United States after PayPal payment.

IMG_20220808_112050.jpg

IMG_20220808_112027.jpg

IMG_20220808_112003.jpg

IMG_20220808_111941.jpg

Just a heads up, these were not standard equipment for a Stingray. While they will function and lace up to a 20", the gear ratio was not designed for them. The Blueband Overdrive kickback hub was geared for 20" wheels and used with the smaller 'lucky 7' sprocket. This 28h Redband Automatic kickback was more likely installed on an American or a somewhat 'Equipped' 24" bike since they too used 28h rims. GLWS.

Just a heads up, these were not standard equipment for a Stingray. While they will function and lace up to a 20", the gear ratio was not designed for them. The Blueband Overdrive kickback hub was geared for 20" wheels and used with the smaller 'lucky 7' sprocket. This 28h Redband Automatic kickback was more likely installed on an American or a somewhat 'Equipped' 24" bike since they too used 28h rims. GLWS.
Very interesting. I've purchased Stingray's that had these but maybe someone laced it after the fact.

Back