When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bendix 2 Speed Manual Hub (Power Brake) Question?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Boris

Old fat tired rider
Before I start lacing up this Bendix, I was curious if 1/2 revolution of travel when braking is just about correct? On my ND twin speed it's 1/4 revolution. I can't figure out if there is any sort of adjustment I can make to lessen the amount of travel on the Bendix. Is there a way?

Half a revolution sounds excessive. I will do some checking and see if I can find a solution for you.

UPDATE: Seems to be an indication of a worn clutch.

Last edited:
Thank you @Gordon ! I just took it apart again to check for wear and and if teeth were meshing with each other. All looks good. Will see if a friend has a spare clutch and driver that I can test on it for comparison later today. Will post results here.

Last edited:
Well, I actually had the clutch and shoes from a parts single speed Bendix which were interchangable. Switched 'em out and noticed about 1/8 turn improvement. not my ideal, but I don't think 3/8 of freewheel spin will be be all that horrible once the wheel's mounted. We'll see.

Back