When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bendix 2-Speed Yellow Band Hub Cogs

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I truly appreciate all the responses. It looks like slight differences between the red & yellow band “drivers”

This is something I’d like to do. Maybe post it in the “Services” forum to see if a CABE member could do this or ?

Thanks,
Mike

Its been asked a few time on here but they were never made. They do show up on eBay every now and then... somebody is modifying them. The sprocket can be pressed off and a bored out skip tooth pressed on. (I think I would still put some tacks on it).

There are 5 different sprockets between the 3 kickbacks. There is an 18 and 19 tooth for both the red and yellow (but they are different with different part numbers). Then there is the 20 for the blue band. That one doesn't press of though. If you wanted OD I think I would take teeth off of that rather then trying to replace the sprocket.

I've never seen anyone knock the back out of the sprocket before. It almost like one from the manual 2 speed.

Here is a Sturmey cog modified to run 1" pitch. You can do the same with any even toothed cog/driver in 1/2" pitch. Just make sure you slowly take material off after slicing off every other tooth with a dremel cut-off wheel. You can then shape and clean up the cut with a dremel steel shaping bit. A wide skip chain will run just fine on it and settle in over time to be quieter...good luck!
1656860716544.jpeg

I got this cog in with a group of 30-40 sprockets and always wondered what it was for? They welded a smaller cog to a sprocket

65EEBE5B-F70F-4D15-AB21-0E1C3170B3B5.png

Sure thing. I do believe 18 is a common cog for the yellow band but ive never tried cutting off every other tooth. I figured the skiptooth chain would be too wide. Another option is the ichibike skiptooth sprocket for modern hubs. Kind of a sneaky way to run more gears on a skiptooth.
View attachment 1648324
I did exactly this with a SA SC2 kickback hub laced to a drop center rim. Just be sure to file down the edges of the teeth on each side or your chain will have to do it and wear much faster.

That’s what I want to do. I have several Bendix yellow band hubs but only 1 has an 18 tooth cog. It’s pretty well worn out. Actually looks like the teeth are bending. All the others are 19 tooth.

It looks like the pictures in posts 8 & 10 might show the most significant feature, as the cog sprockets appear to be fastened via splines, (versus any other methods), and apparently, they only came in 2 sizes (18T & 19T)?

So, the option of using a Sturmey Archer hub, as noted in post-17, might be the simplest; (and maybe with details of either post-14 or post-4).

Last edited:
Back