When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bendix Aviation Manual 2 Speed help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Boris

Old fat tired rider
Shifted smooth from high to low when first installed and rode for months just fine. Gradually started to freewheel about one revolution when downshifting before it shifts. I've taken the hub apart and reassembled several times, but problem persists. Any suggestions?

I agree with GTs58 assessment. These hubs are great when dialed in, but are finicky as heck. I'm guessing over time your cable has stretched slightly or the anchor has moved a fraction.

Actually it's a New Departure Twin Streak Hub. Cable adjustment wasn't the issue. Got it fixed after disassembling and reassembling the hub yet again. Not quite sure what I did to make it work. I know that I fiddled with the spring a bit. It's working great now (no more freewheeling), but I'm going to have to go back in tomorrow to check if the large bearing retainer was installed correctly (see @Gordon post below). I'd hate to ruin a good thing, but I'd hate it even more if I destroyed my hub because of a dumb mistake. Wish me luck.
Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 9.24.00 PM.png

Back