When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bendix hub question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Does anyone know if RB-2 drivers are interchangeable with the 40’s-50’s original hubs? Would like to use an RB-2 driver so I can run a notched 22t sprocket, my hub has the screw on type. Appreciate any help! @rustjunkie

Last edited:
Check out this link,scroll down to the 1st exploded view. Looks like it would work, the drive screw worm and bearings should be the same. The pic and text show items "not interchangeable" but thats probably on an individual basis. The sprocket from one wont fit the other,etc. My thoughts anyways. I have each of these hubs but cant get to them 'till tomorrow...........................http://www.trfindley.com/pgbndxhbs.html

Last edited:
Nope, 2 different pitch drive screws. The one on the left is an RB2. The right is a 36-13 from ‘56 with the splined sprocket.

77D266BD-73A6-4080-912B-D2AC861F1F31.jpeg

Ah damn, your right. Way different. I appreciate you taking the time to point that out. Not sure what to do now. Have an early Postwar drop Center wheelset that I want to use a 22t 3 notch sprocket for..46 front and 22 rear for effortless pedaling.

Nope, 2 different pitch drive screws. The one on the right is an RB2. The left is a 36-13 from ‘56 with the splined sprocket. I didnt try and switch the clutches. Try it if you the stuff laying around.
Wonder if I swapped out the clutches to fit the RB-2 driver, I have extra parts....
I thought about trying that too but Im guessing that stuff really isnt interchangeable

Back