When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bendix Kickback Tool Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ahh, now I see. mine's a blue band. I didn't remove the locknut. Just took the hub apart from the brake arm side and left the other side intact.

Thanks for the offer to borrow the tool. Somehow I've ended up with 4 bikes with kickback hubs so I think I should have my own. How many bikes does it take to become a collector?

In my case, it only took one...then all hell broke loose.
Apparently, none.

I am sensing a pattern here... I started with the urge to get one too. I honestly still have not figured out what happened after that....

Maybe they were holding handlebars????

REC

I am sensing a pattern here... I started with the urge to get one too. I honestly still have not figured out what happened after that....

Maybe they were holding handlebars????

REC
I didn't even have the urge to get one. I went to get new tires on my car, and the guy that owned the shop had these 2 sweet 70's Schwinns behind the counter. I talked the wife into getting them so we could ride together. Then I got on the internet to see if i could find a new shift lever for my 3 speed. Found the Cabe. Now I have six old Schwinns in my garage, and looking for more. It's a disease, and there's no cure.

upload_2016-8-27_10-22-42.png
you can make the locknut removal tool by modifying a New Departure disk support sleeve.

Ha, ha! It's interesting to hear how you all got hooked! A few years ago I was the only bidder on a repop Schwinn at a fundraiser. I got it for $50. It's the Tool Time blue and white cruiser deluxe with a springer fork and tank. I knew nothing about Schwinns, so I started an Internet search and ended up buying a rear rack light, hub caps, a tank horn and front fender light! Then I discovered kickback hubs- have 5 1960's middleweights with no end in sight!

Back