When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Bendix manual 2 speed 28 hole

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think I have about 15 36h version. Have yet to see a 28h, curious to see if one does surface!
I believe that you can set one up in the early smooth bendix hubshell just like an add-on New Departure DD, would have to offset spokes in build-up though.

We’re those for 20” stingray bikes?
No, these were more for early Middleweight bikes...I think 58ish. The Stingrays took the Bendix Automatic Kickback hubs, more specifically, the Blueband Overdrive version in 1965, then Yellowband(underdrive) when the sprockets changed from the 36t front to 45t in the later part of 68.
I'll have to look for what literature I have for the power brake, but here's an example of the hub setup.
IMG_20211203_1414519.jpg
IMG_20211203_1415306~2.jpg

What 24" bike and wheel are you trying to lace this into more specifically? I've ran across some 24" 36h hoops before...

What 24" bike and wheel are you trying to lace this into more specifically? I've ran across some 24" 36h hoops before...
Sorry for the confusion, I do intend on lacing it to a set of S-2 20 inch hoops I have. No frame set as of yet, always on the look out. Good wheels are always an issue as they take a beating along with seats and pedals. You can never have enough good wheel sets. Take a look at the 2 speed 20 inch @RustyHornet put together. It is a really killer bike.https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/%E2%80%9Cpig-bikes%E2%80%9D.165232/page-4

Back