When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bendix Universal Anchor Clamp

-

Oilit

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I picked up this 1955 Huffy with a Bendix manual 2 speed, and it has the Bendix anchor clamp for the cable. I've got other bikes with the 2 speed, but this is the first time I've seen the clamp, usually the cable is clamped directly to the chain stay. I had seen the picture and never realized what this part was, but once you see it, it's obvious. Was this a standard part but just seldom used?

20221229_104537.jpg

20221229_104428.jpg

20221229_104448.jpg

Bendix.jpg

Last edited:
It is a sweet attachment.

The 2 speed manuals that I have had, both did not have that and they were factory bikes.

Schween didn't use that, they just had a cable clamp. I'm thinking the rear fork end situation is the cause for this set up.

Schween didn't use that, they just had a cable clamp. I'm thinking the rear fork end situation is the cause for this set up.
You've lost me there. Maybe if the axle hole was slotted but as it is I don't see how it would make a difference. If you're changing the rear wheel, it's another part that has to be removed either way as far as I can see, which may be why it wasn't used more.

I've been playing with bicycles for the past 65 years. To my knowledge, I've never seen, or worked on any Bendix Multi Speed equipped bicycle that had this bracket. I do agree, it looks good, but it also looks like the answer to the "none problem".

John

I've used them on many bikes over the years, really make the whole unit stay in adjustment for shifting, I even had a sheet metal guy make me a couple of them about 15-20 yrs ago, wish I would have made more because I let them go with bikes over the years.

I've used them on many bikes over the years, really make the whole unit stay in adjustment for shifting, I even had a sheet metal guy make me a couple of them about 15-20 yrs ago, wish I would have made more because I let them go with bikes over the years.
I have a complete fab shop with plasma cnc tables, is this something I could make? I'd be happy to if possible.

Back