When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bendix Yellow Band Chainring Size?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fotomatt1

Look Ma, No Hands!
I just rebuilt a Bendix Yellow Band 2 speed kickback for my Klunker build. I’m about to have it laced to a Ukai 26 x 2.125” rim. My question is what would be the best size chainring to use on this build? This is my first 2 speed hub which appears to have a 19t cog. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You need to determine what gear(in gear inches) that you're going to be comfortable with and then calculate the ring size from that.

I just rebuilt a Bendix Yellow Band 2 speed kickback for my Klunker build. I’m about to have it laced to a Ukai 26 x 2.125” rim. My question is what would be the best size chainring to use on this build? This is my first 2 speed hub which appears to have a 19t cog. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The Yellow band is geared for a 46 tooth sprocket. It has a low gear that reduces the gearing by about 1/3. Certainly you can use a larger or smaller sprocket as to your liking.

With yellow band 2-speed, a 46:19 gear ratio = 2.4 for flats and low gear easier as above, 2.4 x 0.67 = 1.6 for hills, I think this good ratios.

I built a bike / wheels with 26" Husky rims / Bendix Yellow and used a 33t front chainring. Though was too have a bike to climb hills on trails with. It works great but the gearing is a little too low. Ive found that I can climb pretty much any hill on the street with the standard 46t / 19t combo.

I built a bike / wheels with 26" Husky rims / Bendix Yellow and used a 33t front chainring. Though was too have a bike to climb hills on trails with. It works great but the gearing is a little too low. Ive found that I can climb pretty much any hill on the street with the standard 46t / 19t combo. View attachment 1740343
Wow that must have been able to pedal up a wall in low with that 33 tooth haha

The Yellow band is my favorite of the bunch.....On a 26 inch bike I wound up using a 42 tooth front sprocket....Due to knee troubles that seemed to work out best for Me with the high gear....

Back