When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bent Forks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oskisan

I live for the CABE
I ran across this post from memory lane and was wondering if the 2 forks on the left side of this picture are at all fixable. I ran across this same problem about 7 years ago with a couple forks (not this bad though) but I ended up bending the tubing in when I tried to straighten them out in a vise. You have to be so careful with them as the tubing caves in easily. Anyone have any good luck straightening these things out?
forks.jpeg

Note: Since then I picked up the Park FFS1 frame and fork straightening tool, but haven't had the chance to try it on any spring forks yet, although it works like a champ on bent cranks and frames.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I ran across this post from memory lane and was wondering if the 2 forks on the left side of this picture are at all fixable. I ran across this same problem about 7 years ago with a couple forks (not this bad though) but I ended up bending the tubing in when I tried to straighten them out in a vise. You have to be so careful with them as the tubing caves in easily. Anyone have any good luck straightening these things out?
View attachment 889819

Note: Since then I picked up the Park FFS1 frame and fork straightening tool, but haven't had the chance to try it on any spring forks yet, although it works like a champ on bent cranks and frames.

View attachment 889820

The FFS-1 and FT-4 are my favorite combo for fixing bent forks. It took some practice for me to improve with the FFS-1 part of the equation though.

Might be a case for a tubing bender, if you can find one to handle this diameter.

May want to talk with an old school plumber - seriously.

Back