When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best bicycle deal you ever got?

-
$85.......

My best deal came from dropping everything (on my birthday) to go pick up a bike from an ad with the title: Antique Aluminum Bicycle. I had no idea what it was but it looked special in the photo, and with an ad title like that my gut told me to buy now and ask questions later. The lady knew it was old and that lots of people commented on it when she rode it as her regular ride around Toronto over 30 years, but that's about it. She had retired and moved an hour north and didn't need a bike anymore. When I got there, it was the only bike in her garage. 200 bucks. First pic is how I got it, and last pic was a bit later, but it now has the correct wheelset.

FloCycle1.jpg

20160814_134919.jpg

20200413_075951.jpg

1937 Silver King Flocycle

Last edited:

Got a call from fellow teacher in Pittsburgh saying he just found this bike in his Aunt's attic as they were preparing for her estate sale. He noticed it had Shelby, Ohio on the fender badge and remembered that was where I lived. He said if I came and got it yet that day, I could have it for $500, but if not, it would be put into the estate sale listing. Needless to say, my wife and I jumped in the dually, and drove straight there.

Tim Newmeyer

Back