When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best bicycle deal you ever got?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay purchase from 2008.
I got it for $64

Got up at 3:30am, drove up the mountains an hour and a half and at 5:00am I was still 7th in line for a promising estate sale. I got this early Ritchey MTB & it’s original gold parts for $225. (The value of the rare Campy MTB pedals I rcvd) Changed the seat, tires & bars back to original, respoked the original rims and sold it (with a stuck seatpost!) for 7x the purchase amount.

PS Yeah, I know this is an old bike thread but in the mountain bike world this IS old. :wink:

Last edited:
Got up at 3:30am, drove up the mountains an hour and a half and at 5:00am I was still 7th in line for a promising estate sale. I got this early Ritchey MTB & it’s original gold parts for $225. (The value of the rare Campy MTB pedals I rcvd) Changed the seat, tires & bars back to original, respoked the original rims and sold it (with a stuck seatpost!) for 7x the purchase amount.
View attachment 1174981
View attachment 1174983
View attachment 1174982
PS Yeah, I know this is an old bike thread but in the mountain bike world this IS old. :wink:
I don't think anyone cares too much about age vs the good deals ; we're all into bikes and a deal is a beautiful thing when it's in our favor ;)

The best (bike) deal I ever got was from Dave C. (Wheeled Relics). I met him while he was still living in PDX. He gave me these two frame remnants.
20161221_123408.jpeg

20161221_123237.jpeg

One is a Defiance and the other is a Hartford.
Brought them back to LA and cobbled them together.
20170104_142126.jpeg

It rides pretty darn good.
20181202_114025.jpeg

Back