When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best bike shipping award goes to this guy

-
I think you might have a sticky key.
There's been a few times I've spent the whole weekend on the road just to make sure I got a bike without having to worry about shipping damage. Expecting shipping company employees to take care of your bike is like expecting the fry cook at McDonalds to be a Cordon Bleu Chef.
So true, I’ve only had two shipped but both guys were solid and wanted it delivered right. Both bikes were bought from original owners families. My cousin and a shipping guy sent my first one.

I paid pretty fair price to have my Ranger shipped from the auction house to my front door. White glove shipping is what they called it. Just like moving furniture. It arrived without any assembly.... Worth every penny to not have someone disassemble and pack.

It was just wrapped in moving blankets in an open skid box. The truck driver and helper set it on my driveway from the truck just like this:

Well it’s not you and obviously you didn’t read that this was in his family for 70 years. The owner wanted to ensure the bike was safely delivered. To each their own. I’m personally glad he shipped it this way.

Not sure if you read me on this one. If he's covering the cost? Fantastic! Home Run!
But if someone built that box and expected me to pay for the box and freight? yep...I'd be pissed and insist on another option

That's the way to protect something valuable. You're lucky to live in continental USA. I live in Puerto Rico and if I want to ship a bicycle from the states to my home it cost near the price you have paid for a regular box. If I want it packaged the way you received it, I think the shipping cost may be near the double, about $800. That's a lot of money but when you want something you pay wathever the cost will be. Some sellers doesn't like to ship to Puerto Rico because of that but they must consider if the buyer agrees to pay no matter the shipping cost will be. I'm not happy with high shipping costs but if "this is the way" here. I know all people here don't think in the same way, some cares a lot about shipping costs while others not. I'm a humble collector with a humble salary but I'm happy with the sacrifices I have made. Enjoy your new toy like we are enjoying ours. :)

That's the way to protect something valuable. You're lucky to live in continental USA. I live in Puerto Rico and if I want to ship a bicycle from the states to my home it cost near the price you have paid for a regular box. If I want it packaged the way you received it, I think the shipping cost may be near the double, about $800. That's a lot of money but when you want something you pay wathever the cost will be. Some sellers doesn't like to ship to Puerto Rico because of that but they must consider if the buyer agrees to pay no matter the shipping cost will be. I'm not happy with high shipping costs but if "this is the way" here. I know all people here don't think in the same way, some cares a lot about shipping costs while others not. I'm a humble collector with a humble salary but I'm happy with the sacrifices I have made. Enjoy your new toy like we are enjoying ours. :)
I'm with you I don't collect to let bikes sit. I actually ride my bikes almost daily to the beach. By no means am I rich or poor I guess middle class if there is such a thing. I'm too old to let stuff sit in my garage plus then my girlfriend would think it was junk and put it at the curb. LOL

What about the unboxing pics? I want to see how this thing was shipped before you blew it apart. Kind of like opening King Tut's tomb. :-D

What about the unboxing pics? I want to see how this thing was shipped before you blew it apart. Kind of like opening King Tut's tomb. :-D
I didn't take any. I know I should have but it was crazy all the straps and things holding it in place.

Back