When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best brake cable to use

-
What im lookin for is a quality cable that has an end that will fit my Arnold Schwinn brake lever and attach to either the Schwinn or Worksman front drum brake!

What im lookin for is a quality cable that has an end that will fit my Arnold Schwinn brake lever and attach to either the Schwinn or Worksman front drum brake!

There are 3 different Schwinn levers and 2 styles of clevis. You haven’t specified either. If this is the lever you have then you need a road bike brake cable as shown here:
6450AE31-4D5D-4162-AACD-951911F7535A.jpeg

If you have the cage type clevis on the left then you need to solder on a cable end as shown. If you have the nut/bolt clevis shown in the center then the cable is all you need assuming your housing is still OK.

I have found that cables from Wal Mart in a package are just as strong and the same price as 1 cable from our local Trek shop.Trim to length and plenty strong to stop the bike.I adjust my front brakes to not actually lock up.A lock up front wheel could cause you a good "over the bars" accident.

Back