best, cost effective place for plating

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Brutuskend

I live for the CABE
Apr 3, 2011
Eugene / Springfield Oregon
There used to be quite a few places around here that plated. Now, not so much. Anyone have "a guy"?

Last edited:

schwinnbikebobb

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jan 8, 2011
Central Ohio
I don't think cost effective and plating belong in the same sentence. I've only had one thing plated 5 or so years ago and that was a seat crash rail. Charged $35 Said later they made a mistake that it should have been $60 but still honored the price. Proctors in MI used to be the go to place for bike stuff. Different family members now run it as Kro-Pro.

DonChristie

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Nov 4, 2009
Waxhaw, N. Carolina
www.facebook.com
Lol, no such thing as cost effective chrome! If you are prepared to pay the price, contact Artistic Silver plating in Signal hill, Ca. You can ship to them. Call Greg or his wife Sally and talk to them. I handed him 2 five gallon buckets of parts (sm nuts and screws). Did not lose 1 part and 10 yrs after, chrome looks great!

partsguy

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Aug 13, 2008
The Land of Oz
Cost effective playing? Don’t make me laugh!

If you want correct zinc or nickel plating, that’s almost worse!

Metal Brite in Dayton was ok, but had problems with them. I wouldn’t try them for bike and motorcycle stuff. For old car bumpers and grilles they’re probably good.

New Mexico Brant

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 6, 2016
Santa Fe, New Mexico
www.BrantMackley.com
I don't think cost effective and plating belong in the same sentence. I've only had one thing plated 5 or so years ago and that was a seat crash rail. Charged $35 Said later they made a mistake that it should have been $60 but still honored the price. Proctors in MI used to be the go to place for bike stuff. Different family members now run it as Kro-Pro.
Kro-Pro is in a bit of transition; I just got back work from them this week but was told they are closing down. It was said this may only be a temporary thing if a reorganization can occur. The work returned was excellent!

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 3, 2013
Tuxedo Park, United States
For cost effective , Use a plater thats nearest to where you live, shipping is a huge cost .But that doesn't mean the plating will be quality .
I use Mara Plating & Polishing in Newark,N.J. It's a 45 min. drive for me. I agree that being able to drop it off & pick it up promptly reduces the cost & time it takes to get the parts back. I've had some things done in two days & the quality was great.

Reactions: TieDye
This ad goes away when you register for an account!