When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

best, cost effective place for plating

-

Brutuskend

I live for the CABE
There used to be quite a few places around here that plated. Now, not so much. Anyone have "a guy"?

Last edited:
I don't think cost effective and plating belong in the same sentence. I've only had one thing plated 5 or so years ago and that was a seat crash rail. Charged $35 Said later they made a mistake that it should have been $60 but still honored the price. Proctors in MI used to be the go to place for bike stuff. Different family members now run it as Kro-Pro.

Lol, no such thing as cost effective chrome! If you are prepared to pay the price, contact Artistic Silver plating in Signal hill, Ca. You can ship to them. Call Greg or his wife Sally and talk to them. I handed him 2 five gallon buckets of parts (sm nuts and screws). Did not lose 1 part and 10 yrs after, chrome looks great!

Cost effective playing? Don’t make me laugh!

If you want correct zinc or nickel plating, that’s almost worse!

Metal Brite in Dayton was ok, but had problems with them. I wouldn’t try them for bike and motorcycle stuff. For old car bumpers and grilles they’re probably good.

I don't think cost effective and plating belong in the same sentence. I've only had one thing plated 5 or so years ago and that was a seat crash rail. Charged $35 Said later they made a mistake that it should have been $60 but still honored the price. Proctors in MI used to be the go to place for bike stuff. Different family members now run it as Kro-Pro.
Kro-Pro is in a bit of transition; I just got back work from them this week but was told they are closing down. It was said this may only be a temporary thing if a reorganization can occur. The work returned was excellent!

For cost effective , Use a plater thats nearest to where you live, shipping is a huge cost .But that doesn't mean the plating will be quality .
I use Mara Plating & Polishing in Newark,N.J. It's a 45 min. drive for me. I agree that being able to drop it off & pick it up promptly reduces the cost & time it takes to get the parts back. I've had some things done in two days & the quality was great.

Back