When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Frame to build a beach cruiser?

-
Dig the redskins and Snow White tribute bikes! 🤣
Long live the redskins r.i.p. 🪦 , someone said they were 9’rs & raiders ?
9700B5C1-3293-442A-BDF1-3BD884C0DEB1.jpeg
Chargers ? Hahahaha ⚡⚡⚡

I want to build a cool beach cruiser. I was thinking S-2 wheels, block tires, 3-speed w/coaster brakes, stingray bars and a comfy seat. For cruising San Diego boardwalks. What are the best frames to start with? I have seen them built with Typhoons, Corvettes, Racers, Etc. I really don't know the differences in all the models. I like bikes with some personality to them as compared to a standard store bought bike. And I think it would be a fun project to build it.

I just bought a '62 Fleet but I am starting to like it kind of as it is. It is nothing special but I get comments on it every time I ride it.

Thanks!
I just picked up a twin bar Rollfast frame for CHEAP with some head tube damage that needs repair, but their are lots of cool frames to build off of... Personal preference is all your own... Good luck...

I think a early post war 1946-1950 with a springer front end, long spring seat, lucky 7 seat post turned backwards and set low, rolling on s2’s with a 26x2.35 tire are the smoothest rides out there! The early post war frames are a bit wider allowing for the larger tire.

View attachment 1742022

View attachment 1742023
Are those the Fat Frank 26x2.35" tires on your Phantom? LOVE they way they look on here.. May have to add a set to my 1956 B.f. Goodrich Black Phantom when i get further along with the build.... RideOn... SkidMark....

Back