When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

best guess on year for this schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brutuskend

I live for the CABE
woman's pre war.

20190825_172544.jpg

20190223_150610.jpg

More strange..... Post on 8/3 https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/finally-got-my-one-and-only-mens-pre-war-bike.156472/#post-1055743 stating "first and only prewar bike" and we are now on number three 23 days later..... You REALLY took the experiment to full scale research thing pretty quickly!! Makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one (though it took me a bit more time!)

That said, I'm thinking the crank may have been switched at some point. Serial number is consistent with what Shawn said - 5 digits, hand stamped...

REC

Last edited:
Looking at Tim's serial list and the list printed by John P. I can see that there is a very good possibility your bike is a 36, especially taking into consideration the crank was cast in 36. Why the heck would someone change out the crank for one that's cast just a year later.

Back