When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best / Most Telling Bicycle Photos of All time!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
7b1d9aa10ef69218901aa150e3c011a7-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottom photo has in the background Lane Technical High School located at Western & Addison in Chicago. I wonder why the students parked their bikes so far away from the school? They would have to actually cross over Western Ave. At that time it was an all boys school with around 4000 students.

Bottom photo has in the background Lane Technical High School located at Western & Addison in Chicago. I wonder why the students parked their bikes so far away from the school? They would have to actually cross over Western Ave. At that time it was an all boys school with around 4000 students.

OK, I realize I might be late to this one. I did see it when it was originally posted, but my interest was piqued at seeing it again. I think I may have found the answer to your question.

These bicycles are parked in a lot across Western Ave, it's true. Looking at the signage on the building I determined this was Harry's Tire Shop at this address. I was able to locate the address for Harry's Tire Shop on Western Ave at 3423 and/or 3435 using this link:

http://ronaldimiller.com/family_harry_shankman.htm

This link also mentions that it was called "Harry's Bicycle & Tire Shop" at one time. Now take a look at the picture again. Look at how these lads are looking at these bikes. To me, it looks like they are inspecting the bikes, perhaps for purchase. I don't think this was the bike parking lot for the school, it was the sales floor for Harry's for used bikes. Just a theory, but it would explain why the bikes were parked across a busy stretch from the school.

The tire shop has been torn down and now appears to be a FedEx store.

Back