When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Old Cycle Oil?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Connor

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey Guys, I know this is a very touchy subject. But, what engine oil do you use in your old motorcycles/motorbikes? I’ve been using Lucas Hot Rod and Classic, but it’s time for a change and I thought I might test the waters to see if there’s anything better out there...
-Connor

I have my favorite but if 100 people answer this question you will get 100 different answers. I will not tell you my choice as I am sure it is not any better or worse than the others. If it is the right weight oil just use it. Roger

Has anyone ever used seafoam on old motors and if so does it work?
-Connor

I build two strokes and use Klotz Benol.

Works great, and you gotta love that old castor oil smell.

Sea Foam works well and I put 1 ounce of it when I get gas for mowers in a 4 gallon container. I also add 1 ounce of Stabil and 1 ounce of Marvel Mystery OIl. I live in WI which has had ethanol in its fuel since the early 1980s and since I started doing so in the mid 1980s have had no fuel related carburetor problems. Do nothing else to keep the fuel fresh. I have 3 mini bikes, 20+ push lawn mowers, about 10 garden tractors, 2 weedeaters, 2 chain saws, 2 gas powered air compressors and a gas powered hedge trimer. I also use that same container to mix the gas for the 2 strokes. I have been using synthetic OPTI 2 oil mix also since the 1980s. One pouch per gallon and runs all mixs fron 16 to 1 to 100 to 1. Now that I solved all that I have time to worry about other things. Roger

PS I forgot I have 3 tillers and a portable generator all of them use treated fuel. Roger

Last edited:
Back