When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

best prewar ballooner poll, nominate your favorite

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no doubt that the Twin Flex is a beautiful bike. It absolutely belongs in the poll for the best pre war ballooner. I'm just trying to stir up the debate as to which prewar ballooner was the greatest of all time. After the total recall of the Death bike and the lawsuits settled, the design team went back to the drawing board and tried to fix what was dangerous about the bike and walla! out came the Twin Flex. But by that time,the public was weary about the whole concept, so the bike just didn't sell well. The Twin Flex was the Edsel of the prewar era. And just like the Edsel, what wasn't popular or financially successful is now ultra collectable.
Thank you for conducting this poll. All of the bikes deserve to be up for a vote. They're just so cool!

Ok, I still need a couple photos, among them are the following:
1936-7 Airflow
1935 Cycleplane
Elgin Twin 60
please help if you can I'm trying to put the polls together. also if you're going to, nominate your favourite soon.
Scott:cool:

Here is a photo of Jerry Smith's 1935 Schwinn Cycleplane from the 2006 Concours at LeMay. The bike took both the best Restoration award and the Schwinn Best of Show award. Apologies for the size of the ribbon.

Phil

3151427385_50a2c1704b_b-1.jpg

Ok, I'm going to close this tonight and start the poll these are the last few hours, post away!
Scott:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back