When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

best prewar ballooner poll, nominate your favorite

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, this is going to be a hot contest. I waited weeks to get enough postwar bikes and we've got a bunch of heavy hitters already in the first day! as a Huffman guy I have to admit the Indian is looking amazing!! I don't know how but we may have to split this one into a couple groups so we give all these amazing bikes a shot. maybe two polls and then a run-off of the top few from both polls. let me know what you guys think.
Scott:cool:
somebody needs to nominate a Roadmaster Supreme, Scott???
If you haven't already, vote for your favourite Postwar ballooner!

Elgin014-1.jpg

my votes is bluebird. but they all really are great. mark

Attachments

• red bird jr.jpg
    red bird jr.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 94
You can almost flip a coin, IMO

To my eye, these are all so excellent. Seems that period saw an incredible burst of innovation.

In the reprints for the 35-36 F/W Sears catalog, Elgin had introduced the Bluebird, had the Blackhawk and Aluminum Gull, plus the plainer Oriole and Redbird and Swallow. Then in S/S 36 the Robin came out. Must have been something to see at the Sears showroom.

someone needs to nominate a twin 60:p
oh, the list just keeps on growing! I'm going to have to have several run-offs and then the winners of those will go into the main event.
I think the reference about the Aerocycle may be either the perception that it was the first ballooner which isn't the case or it may rightly be said that the Aerocycle marks the beginning of the arms race to come up with the wildest and most beautiful bike. it does mark the point at which form became more important than function, and I am eternally greatful for such bikes as the Aerocycle which was a radical departure from the motorbikes of the '20's
Scott:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back