When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Prewar Reproduction Balloon Tire Replacement?

-

dave429

I live for the CABE
Pardon me if this topic has been discussed before. I’ve searched the threads but didn’t find anything to match. What is everyone using for prewar balloon tire replacements? I have a couple prewar bikes I’d like to find tires for. I do have some old checked balloon tires that I’ve put on bikes that I don’t ride much. What is a good new production tire that will match the correct look on a prewar bike? Not looking to break the bank.
Anybody have suggestions or possible website links? Thank you!

The chain treads are cool and these brick treads are killer, either one are great riders....fit dependent.....
I got a few more pairs of the New Brick tread 2.0 tires for S7 wheels, they look great and give the middleweight a little more meat. black wall $50 a pair, WW $55. a pair plus shipping, Will ship orders of 3 pairs ( been around $20-35 for shipping 3 pairs, no folded or twisted in box ) or local pickup or meet around LB/OC area. or delivery to norcal this weekend!, message me because I don't always ck this thread.View attachment 1162746

View attachment 1162747

View attachment 1162742
View attachment 1162743

Last edited:
I have used Duro's, Van's, Fat Franks, heck Goodyear's from walmart, they all roll.

My favorites are the U.S. Royal Chain's that John has as far as look on a stock bike.

Back