When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best shot redux - bike photos - faber's cyclery

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
you just never knew....

I never knew what would pop up in the show floor....one day there might nothing but 1980s bikes...and then an aerocycle showed up, motorbikes, other high eend prewar bikes.....a handful were on display in the local childrens museum.....and i saw them there when i took my girl to the musuem some years back.....it was always a treat to visit that shop....most times though really cool stuff was hidden away.....from the masses....but other days it was on display and i never did figure out when the swap meet/sale days occured....apparently lot of hard to find stuff left that place.....oh the treasures to be had

Great story and pics,sad it is gone. I would have loved to check out all those relics,rats not so much. Those beasts freak me out.

The corner of South First Street and Margaret, San Jose, circa 1890's:

Fabers-small.jpg

Fabers-small.jpg

It would be cool to do up a couple of rooms for a workshop of your own, similar to Fabers for an interesting atmosphere.
Hang up what ever old bike stuff, tools, signs, and other bicycle treasures you might have packed away and then pop in a few old classics here and there on the floor in the "unorganized mess". Just so there's some room to work on your projects and you can locate your tools if you need them.
I do know some collectors that have workshops that way with their collections surrounding them and everything strewn about, but they seem to know where everything is though and it creates quite the enjoyable atmosphere to be in. Heaven??

RATS ARE NOT ALLOWED HERE! :mad:

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about that.
The last time I saw him, he was three sheets to the wind and stumbling over bike parts in the yard.

Back