When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best shot redux - bike photos - faber's cyclery

-
Screenshot_20230222-205800.png

Faber's was truly a time capsule and one of the coolest shops you could ever visit. Around 1979, Alex let me spend the whole day digging through the old dusty storage areas (you know how dusty if you have been there!) and the warren of rooms. I brought an electric miner's lamp and totally lost track of time. There was just about anything you could imagine in the back buildings: pedal cars, old magazines, and lots of bike parts. Found all kinds of hardware and Schwinn parts, locking forks, early nickel-plated bike frame pumps & brackets, etc. I was thoroughly covered in that rich-scented dust that bike collectors love and it was getting dark when I finally got back to the front of the shop. Alex was super friendly and his prices were more than fair! I wish Faber's was still there.

Back