When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Tool For Cutting Cab Rubber

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ridingtoy

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I was curious as to what tool works best in cutting old style rubber having a center wire for old trike and bike wheels? I was thinking a fine toothed razor saw would work well, but maybe there's a better (easier) cutting tool? Any information would be appreciated. Nice to have the best/correct tool to do a neat cutting job.

Dave

This should work.... But I usually use a serrated knife or hacksaw.

Attachments

• downloadvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg
    downloadvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 90
A fine tooth saw I'd think would work just fine
this also might be a good tool: Lion Miter Trimmer

Thanks for the suggestions. Looking over my initial post, I probably wasn't too clear as to whether I was wanting to cut off old tires or cut replacement rubber for installation. I was actually looking for the best cutting tool for making a smooth cut on replacement rubber. I figure the smoother the cut the less noticeable the seam when the gap is closed up after securing the center wire. I have used a hacksaw to remove old rubber/wire.

Dave

Ahhhhh. For most of my fine cutting I use a Victorinox Swiss Army knife like this one. Very very sharp.

Attachments

• imagesKnife.jpg
    imagesKnife.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 72
These definitely look like some good cutting tools to have in the old bicycle workshop. Thank you for the suggestions!

Dave

Back