When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to treat this

-

oquinn

Wore out three sets of tires already!
20200911_134543.jpg

I dont want to damage the chrome on top just want to get rid of the light rust

I've never tried it but I've seen it on a YouTube video where a guy used Coca-Cola as a lubricant. Coke has an acid base to it and the acid helps break down the rust. Too expensive for me and I'd rather drink it.

You'll need:
Rubber gloves
Bar keepers friend powder cleaner
Scotch brite non scratch pad

Form a paste with water on the powder and gently scrubs with the pad.

Rinse away rust and rescrub....you'll be amazed

Bar Keepers Friend Powdered Cleanser & Polish
Keep non-precious-metal and ceramic surfaces clean and shiny. Powdered cleanser cleans cookware, counters, fixtures, golf clubs, bicycles, automotive wheels, drum cymbals and more. Rhubarb-root-derived cleaning agent (oxalic acid) removes rust, tarnish, lime, mineral scale, grime and stains. Bleach-free and chlorine-free. Application: Bars/Taverns; Bathrooms; Garages; Kitchens; Applicable Material: Acrylic; Brass; Ceramic; Chrome; Copper; Corian; Fiberglass; Grout; Laminates; Metal; Plastic; Steel; Chemical Compound: Oxalic Acid; Dirt Types: Lime; Mineral Scale; Rust; Soil; Stains; Tarnish.

250652.jpeg

Bar Keepers Friend Powdered Cleanser & Polish
Keep non-precious-metal and ceramic surfaces clean and shiny. Powdered cleanser cleans cookware, counters, fixtures, golf clubs, bicycles, automotive wheels, drum cymbals and more. Rhubarb-root-derived cleaning agent (oxalic acid) removes rust, tarnish, lime, mineral scale, grime and stains. Bleach-free and chlorine-free. Application: Bars/Taverns; Bathrooms; Garages; Kitchens; Applicable Material: Acrylic; Brass; Ceramic; Chrome; Copper; Corian; Fiberglass; Grout; Laminates; Metal; Plastic; Steel; Chemical Compound: Oxalic Acid; Dirt Types: Lime; Mineral Scale; Rust; Soil; Stains; Tarnish.

View attachment 1264968

Excellent product that works like magic at safely removing rust and stains. I have the liquid type.

Back