When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bet You $5 That You With Mini Stones Can't Ride This Bike.

-

Goldenrod

I live for the CABE
I sucked in my first victim on the first day of my ownership. Google: Bye Bike Boy. This concept was tried in England, Italy, Spain, Netherlands and Belgium from 1933 until 1980 and all of them failed to sell enough for several obvious reasons:
1) The rider dismounts by walking forward while trying not to tangle his feet in the peddles while holding the bike upright while it is located behind him. The bike can't be moving forward.
2) You must start peddling fast to balance and not tangle your feet.
3) It does not have front protection.
4) It is light and compact but everyone yells that you are doing it wrong.
5) This is a child's model so bigger feet are not helpful.
6) Underbutt steering must be mastered during the first milliseconds of the ride.
Only one has been sold on the internet. This yellow one was made in Italy for the American market around 1980. My bike is missing the tire pump, rear fender and reflectors which I will fix. It is fun to ride and it will make all people near you nervous. Fearless Elodie and I have never fallen. Once you get going, it is easy and fun but don't let your mom see you..

IMG_6376.jpg

IMG_6380.jpg

IMG_6379.jpg

IMG_6365.jpg

IMG_6360.jpg

Last edited:
It appears that if you turn the bars around you'll have to drop the seat down as far as it goes along with cutting your legs off at the knees. Seems like a total redesign is in order. :D...;)

Sure looks like a fun bike to ride and I'm willing to try it out if there was one around here.

1990s-Bye-Bike-Boy-Velocino-05.jpg

Back