When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beware Being Shorted on Postage...

-
another postal charge a buyer may get is using inside out Priority Mail boxes. they will charge you the priority rate.
they may say priority mail on the outside of the box now. it has been a while since I shipped on a regular basis
Yeah, they fixed that by printing Priority Mail all over the inside. I'll sometimes double bag an item in the flat rate padded envelopes, then put that into a Priority regional rate box (paying Priority, of course). Every time I do it I wonder how that looks to the recipient. It always gets there unscathed, though.

I just returned from the Post Office with a part for a bike that I bought online (not through this site; through another). The seller shorted the postage amount and claimed "Media Mail". A Postal Inspector opened the package and found the part rather than media (it was obvious this wasn't media just from the outside of the box). I received a notice of short postage and had to pay about $10 to get the package at the post office. Just a reminder to beware sellers who charge for postage and then try to short it or claim "media mail", leaving you responsible for the difference.
i ship alot thru ebay.
i sell magazines and books.people do not understand true media mail.
the person that sent the package should be fined.
why should the buyer have to pay excess unforseen postage because the sender violated the postal laws?
it should come back to the shipper.

Last edited:
Back