When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEWARE

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikebozo

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
Just wanted to share a recent , lesson.., I had a bike for sale 4,500-a party was interested and started asking about the bike ,, I said , I would sell it for 4,000 and pay shipping , I was not trying to hard sell the client , I was trying to show some kindness and pass along some MO-JO,, they agreed and asked about how to make the payment ,.. I spent over 4 hours , gathering boxes and packing , and prepping the bike for shipment.. a bike that had never had a tool touch it , .. when I came in ,from the 90 degree heat , .. I looked on the interweb , and the client had sent me a message saying they really could not afford the purchase , and would send me 20.00 for my trouble .. My problem, my mistake-amazing how one person can screw up , transactions for everyone else who ever shows an interest in a purchase from me .
tumblr_mrwdbgKfPE1rmlbczo1_400.jpg
, no big deal , . just thought I could help who ever is next in line for this type of situation,, always control the sale , get payed , do not get in a hurry , use bike flights-always insure everything ,, get a signature ,, and try to have your item shipped to a business address,, thank you for your time and effort reading my words ,.. my stomach still hurts from ,letting my self get used ..wpb

I'm surprised that a seasoned veteran like yourself would move forward with breaking down and packing up a bike without full payment.

I never box anything up unless and until I receive full payment or I personally know the buyer or have dealt with them before and know that their word is their bond.

At least this guy gave you 20 bucks, it doesn't solve your frustrations or pay for your time but others would have just disappeared without a word.

Just wanted to share a recent , lesson.., I had a bike for sale 4,500-a party was interested and started asking about the bike ,, I said , I would sell it for 4,000 and pay shipping , I was not trying to hard sell the client , I was trying to show some kindness and pass along some MO-JO,, they agreed and asked about how to make the payment ,.. I spent over 4 hours , gathering boxes and packing , and prepping the bike for shipment.. a bike that had never had a tool touch it , .. when I came in ,from the 90 degree heat , .. I looked on the interweb , and the client had sent me a message saying they really could not afford the purchase , and would send me 20.00 for my trouble .. My problem, my mistake-amazing how one person can screw up , transactions for everyone else who ever shows an interest in a purchase from me . View attachment 445636 , no big deal , . just thought I could help who ever is next in line for this type of situation,, always control the sale , get payed , do not get in a hurry , use bike flights-always insure everything ,, get a signature ,, and try to have your item shipped to a business address,, thank you for your time and effort reading my words ,.. my stomach still hurts from ,letting my self get used ..wpb

Look at it on the bright side.
You now have the bike ready for the next buyer.
And $20 is better than nothing.

i did not take it apart . only sprayed it down and heated up a few places , so it would be free ,, no problem just wanted to share the story , bike will be at copake , memory lane , and ann arbor ,, someone is going to get a very nice early bike , for a great price, I just now took it apart so I can send it to copake ,, I ride with Curtis Anthony out of Philidelphia , so I send all my stuff up to Copake , fly into Philly , take the train over to VIA BICYCLE ,I do not carry anything on the trip or the plane ,or train .. it will already be there , in Copake ,, I do not want to take up Curtis bike shipment space -sorry if my 1st message sounded like I was complaining ,, I was trying to welcome someone new into the early bicycle scene -and I went out of my way to do something easy and good , .. I was not planning to sell it , at copake , I prefer private transactions ,. thanks for all the comments ,, wpb ,, just graduated 1st grade at cycle school - I might have this bike in copake also
00M0M_829AafiNxZA_1200x900.jpg

Back