When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Beyond Rare! TOC Wood Handle Bars $975 shipped

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
sold
Zipcode
Wow! That is bitchen!!!
Very rare "proprietary form" wood handle bars with integrated grips. The bars and grips are constructed from a single piece of wood in union; the grip sections are not separate pieces that are attached. Included is a late 19th century cast iron display base. This can be adjusted to exhibit the bars in different positions. I haven’t been able to find US patent information on the bars but it must exist. Overall both pieces are in very good condition, the metal bar ferrules show some oxidation but traces of nickel are present. The bars clearly were mounted on a bicycle at some point as markings from the stem are visible. The width is just a hair under 17 1/2 inches. If anyone is aware of other examples or period literature showing a possible maker please let me know. $975 shipped including the display base. Reduced bump, $875 shipped or I keep them. Please PM to purchase. Kind thanks, Brant

View attachment 1118894
View attachment 1118895
View attachment 1118896
View attachment 1118897View attachment 1118898

They would take the two piece TOC stems sold in the period for wood bars. I posted one in the past in Sunday show and tell. Jesse @Jesse McCauley found an original ad for these beauties.
Ca. 1897

1897 Centlivre MFG Ventilated Grip Bars.jpg

Back