When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BF Goodrich estate sale find

-

Bobrowe

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just picked this up in an estate auction. Would like to know what year it might be and wondering about wrong parts. I have not seen that kind of chain ring on other online BF Goodrich bikes. Also wondering about that cup shaped washer on the rear drive side hub. The pedals are obviously not original. Anything else? Will I have any trouble getting replacement spokes at a local bike store? 2 are missing.

Sorry, I will try to get the serial numbers next week.

whole bike.jpg

headbadge.jpg

Chainring.jpg

Front hub.jpg

New departure.jpg

Rear drive side.jpg

Seat top.jpg

Truss rod and headset.jpg

Underside of seat.jpg

Sprocket is wrong... looks like a Murray built sprocket. I'm guessing that dish shaped thinger was someones replacement washer that they had on hand. It's a schwinn so check out the serial number and you can get the year off that pretty easily.

It's post-war but still wearing drop center rims, so I'm guessing '45 to '48, if the wheels are original.

Base model DX spikes are easy and I agree with previous comments. V/r Shawn

the thing about spokes on an old bike is you may find half of them no longer spin when you go to true the wheel. as for replacements at the bike shop that should be no problem as they cut and thread them to order. found that out when one of my spokes had no threads last time I bought spokes at the bike shop

I expect some spokes to be frozen, and I can live with that. This is going to be an everyday rider so I don’t need it to be perfect. We’ll see how it goes. Thanks for everbody’all help

Back