When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BF Goodrich Spitfire acquisition!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Volvoguy

Look Ma, No Hands!
So I tracked this down for my gal, and wanted to make my first post on this great site one with pictures!! Here it is!!! Can everyone tell me what's original and not? I'm assuming most of it is, save for the basket. Maybe the seat and kickstand are not original either? I can't see where a stand would go other than where the current one is. No place on the frame like on my Typhoon.
Year on this bad boy? Serial T69891.

DSC_0136-1.jpg

DSC_0129-1.jpg

DSC_0128-1.jpg

DSC_0119-1.jpg

DSC_0123-1.jpg

DSC_0126-1.jpg

DSC_0127-1.jpg

DSC_0141-1.jpg

DSC_0143-1.jpg

DSC_0121-1.jpg

Any info on that back hub?

Thanks for looking, and any comments/opinions are more than welcome!!!

Nice old bike, I agree its a 1955 and the only things I see that have been changed are Tires, Grips and rear reflector otherwise a nice original bike. Add ons are basket and bell. What size are the tires?

Thanks for the help! It has 26" tires, would this not put it into the middleweight class? I could never figure out exactly what made a balloon tire and what made a middleweight......

What grips would it have had originally? These ones are black and say Schwinn on the sides, and are the exact same as on my Typhoon.

Thanks for the help! It has 26" tires, would this not put it into the middleweight class? I could never figure out exactly what made a balloon tire and what made a middleweight......

What grips would it have had originally? These ones are black and say Schwinn on the sides, and are the exact same as on my Typhoon.

If it has 26 x 1 3/4" tires, and S7 rims, it's a middleweight. If it has 26 x 2.125" tires and S2 rims, it's a balloon bike. Schwinn's budget bikes didn't have welded on kickstands. It would have had the older style grips, which have 'Schwinn' in a curved script, as opposed to the new for '59 "classic" inline logo. Also, the teardrop area isn't indented like on the later ones.

It is the width of the tire that makes it a balloon or MW
26x2.25 Balloon
26x1.75 Middleweight
Here is a pic of my wifes Wasp it's kinda like yours
8908174-1.jpg

It is the width of the tire that makes it a balloon or MW
26x2.25 Balloon
26x1.75 Middleweight
Here is a pic of my wifes Wasp it's kinda like yours
8908174-1.jpg
Tire size is one way of making the distinction between HW and MW. HW (ballooners) typically use 2.125 and the MW use 1.75. If's its a Schwinn MW the tire size is actually 1-3/4" (there is a difference). I love that WASP, and have never seen a women's WASP. Really nice bike.
Jay

Back