When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bianchi Folgore 1948

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
At least that's what I think it is. Serial numbers seem to be a little confusing on these but this one matches up to the catalog pretty well except for the guard which I believe must have been an optional accessory. I always wanted a vintage Bianchi in Celeste with the Cambio Corsa drive train and when this one showed up I had to make the deal. Thanks to @juvela for advice prior to purchase. I'm not sure if I'm going to leave the guards (chain and mud) on it or make it more race looking. Pedals are on the way and as soon as I can get a decent set of levers, cables, and new tires I'm gonna give this thing a try. To shift you have to let it free wheel, flip the top lever out to release the wheel, and pedal backwards while moving the lower lever to a new gear. The you pedal forward and lock the top lever back. This is going to be like learning how to drive a clutch for the first time! I would call the paint pretty decent but still an amateur job and they used the wrong decals/stickers. I'll fine tune both the aesthetics and the mechanics to get this one right again. If anyone has a set of period Universal levers I'm in the market--one of these is broke. V/r Shawn

DSC_0957 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0951 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0952 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0953 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0955 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0956 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0979 - Copy.JPG

So nice! I had a Japanese made Bianchi in the ‘80s. Would love to own a Celeste green one now. I’m not to picky on model and equipment, as I’m presently riding an electro-forged Schwinn lightweight.

pretty cool, Cambio corsa, pretty seldom seen. I had a pretty rough unknown bike with cambio quite a few years ago. I sold it to an old racer, he got it up an running and would shift would little effort. I'm sure it would take a lot of practice to be fluid. great find, the one I had is the only one I've ever seen in person. I could do without the chain guard, but that's just my taste

pretty cool, Cambio corsa, pretty seldom seen. I had a pretty rough unknown bike with cambio quite a few years ago. I sold it to an old racer, he got it up an running and would shift would little effort. I'm sure it would take a lot of practice to be fluid. great find, the one I had is the only one I've ever seen in person. I could do without the chain guard, but that's just my taste

Yea I'll probably remove the mudguards and chain guard and go for the corsa look. I already have a restored Bianchi seat on the way and hope to resolve the brake lever situation soon. I learned how to ride a unicycle so learning how to shift this shouldn't be too difficult! V/r Shawn

Back