When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicentennial Varsities

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tim s

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I recently picked up these Bicentennial Schwinn Varsities and just finished detailing them. Enjoy the pics. Tim

B2AB1921-6183-480B-B855-542C2E4A2E49.jpeg

469D0A8B-8B6C-48DA-ABD7-B56EE9169AFA.jpeg

D13CF79A-B5FD-470F-89E2-4A54AF8196EF.jpeg

It looks like it’s all there and would clean up nicely. The price isn’t bad either for a piece of bicycle history. Tim

Great find and score.!!!!! It doesnt look like they have ever been ridden. From what I can see the paint appears flawless

A Jr. Varsity. Found this on the curb for garbage man a few years ago. Finally (retired now) got around fixing it all up. Totally overhauled, just needed 1 spoke new handlebar tape (found some NOS), tires (Kendra reproductions). Everything else is factory when new. I worked in a Schwinn shop while in jr high, high and part of college in the 70's. bought back fun memories and I still remembered every screw, washer, etc on it as I disassembled it. I do not remember ever putting a Bicentennial Jr. Varsity together (only adult ones). Are there many? What is the value? Probably going to give it to my daughter as a house decor item (an Iron man Tri Athlete on the side).
IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

-----

Beautiful job Matt! ;)

Thanks so much for sharing this mount.

The Bicentennial themed bicycle reminded me that a good friend won one as first prize in a Frisbee contest about 1976-77. IIRC it was an AMF product but me memory groweth faint after forty odd years. :flushed:

Livery exhibited was similar to the Schwinn examples: white with red and blue trim.

-----

Last edited:
Matt, The bike looks great! I have seen 2 of the Jr. Varsity Bicentennial bikes in the last month and both are in rough condition. I think finding 24 inch gum wall tires might be hard to find for these bikes. Tim

Back