When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicentennial Varsities

-

Tim s

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I recently picked up these Bicentennial Schwinn Varsities and just finished detailing them. Enjoy the pics. Tim

B2AB1921-6183-480B-B855-542C2E4A2E49.jpeg

469D0A8B-8B6C-48DA-ABD7-B56EE9169AFA.jpeg

D13CF79A-B5FD-470F-89E2-4A54AF8196EF.jpeg

It looks like it’s all there and would clean up nicely. The price isn’t bad either for a piece of bicycle history. Tim

Great find and score.!!!!! It doesnt look like they have ever been ridden. From what I can see the paint appears flawless

A Jr. Varsity. Found this on the curb for garbage man a few years ago. Finally (retired now) got around fixing it all up. Totally overhauled, just needed 1 spoke new handlebar tape (found some NOS), tires (Kendra reproductions). Everything else is factory when new. I worked in a Schwinn shop while in jr high, high and part of college in the 70's. bought back fun memories and I still remembered every screw, washer, etc on it as I disassembled it. I do not remember ever putting a Bicentennial Jr. Varsity together (only adult ones). Are there many? What is the value? Probably going to give it to my daughter as a house decor item (an Iron man Tri Athlete on the side).
IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

-----

Beautiful job Matt! ;)

Thanks so much for sharing this mount.

The Bicentennial themed bicycle reminded me that a good friend won one as first prize in a Frisbee contest about 1976-77. IIRC it was an AMF product but me memory groweth faint after forty odd years. :flushed:

Livery exhibited was similar to the Schwinn examples: white with red and blue trim.

-----

Last edited:
Matt, The bike looks great! I have seen 2 of the Jr. Varsity Bicentennial bikes in the last month and both are in rough condition. I think finding 24 inch gum wall tires might be hard to find for these bikes. Tim

Back